[NEWS] Beta Roadmap Update

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios
Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:57 am

  • sTkrZX5 wrote:Glad you guys are putting effort into a better single-player campaign! That's a must, ensures that we can have fun with the game if the online population dwindles.


    You ain't alone in your thoughts.
    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    MFG38
    Centurion
    Centurion
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:33 pm
    Location: Finland
    Has thanked: 27 times
    Been thanked: 17 times

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:08 am

  • MFG38 wrote:
    sTkrZX5 wrote:Glad you guys are putting effort into a better single-player campaign! That's a must, ensures that we can have fun with the game if the online population dwindles.


    You ain't alone in your thoughts.


    Good to know! The reason I'm still able to enjoy playing Unreal Tournament 2004 (ironically the game this is most based on) is because of the excellent bot support and single-player progression. Hope to see the same here with the finished product.
    sTkrZX5
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary
     
    Posts: 22
    Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:18 pm
    Has thanked: 1 time
    Been thanked: 7 times

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:45 pm

  • Sharkster [KK] wrote:We think that the game could use more maps, game modes, a better single-player mode, a solid tutorial, unlockable skins and just a plethora of other new features that weren't originally planned. Many of them were suggested by the community during this Early Access Beta...

    If that's "all around disappointing" for you, then I'm sorry.

    are you trying to tell me that you were originally planing to launch the game with 3 or 4 maps and 3 game modes? you are kidding, right? you cant be serious with that statement. thats even worse. but okey, you had a clearly horrible idea how to launch the game, you listened and postponed it by a century, but at least something. now these other things still bother me:
    1. singleplayer - ehm, who bought this for singleplayer? especially when this was since the very beginning planned as multiplayer only? and I am not all against singleplayer, I generally love singleplayer. But you shouldnt have put now time into developing one when you multiplayer component isnt finalized. That should have come after 1.0 but not now jamming into your, already badly managed, development time.
    2. "solid" tutorial - again, who are you kidding? who needs a tutorial for something like this?! WHO?! i know i didnt need one back in the days when q3 was launched and I know of NO person that ever needed tutorial for arena shooter. this is not arma or some hardcore simulation that needs tutorial. you point at a person and you shoot it! who needs tutorial for that?! at max, there should be integrated wiki/encyclopedia for in game weapons, powerups and maps. who needs a tutorial?!
    3. unlockable skins - really? again. why even bother with something so unnecessary, so optional when your multiplayer component isnt finalized. this is the same as I already said for singleplayer part. unlockable skins are not my jam but sure, if there is demand make them. but not when your game is not finished. skins are always made after everything else is done because they are the least important part of the game. thats like if you were telling me that part of delay is so that we can make fancier desktop icons. NO.

    with that, im still disappointed. and with DOOM and Shadow Warrior 2 around the corner, you really couldnt have picked worse time. Im sorry but you lost me, burned. Even when you finish it, I dont think I'll get to it, definitely not with the passion I had for it last year around this time.
    im not going to wish you something silly like "i hope your studio burns down" or "someone should sue you". no. i really hope you will at last finish it finally and bring joys at least to the people that still care. because I dont. not anymore
    User avatar
    PomstaZLesa
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian
     
    Posts: 65
    Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:41 pm
    Has thanked: 6 times
    Been thanked: 7 times

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:27 pm

  • PomstaZLesa wrote:.....


    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65123449.jpg

    Do you know how small of a developer Reakktor is? I happen to know (an estimate, at least) of how many people there are. (Not sure if I may say, so I won't)
    For the size of the staff, the work that has been done and the quality of said work is simply astonishing. Yes, it's taking longer than expected. So what? Is that REALLY an issue? Think about it though... Is it REALLY an issue?

    The community is small, yes, the servers are quiet, sure, and progress is somewhat slower than expected BUT the community is NOT dead, the servers DO get active and there is definitely progress. If you are, like me (and others), a dedicated fan of this game then any and all delays aren't an issue. In fact, I feel (for lack of a better word) "honoured" to be part of this small, dedicated community.
    All that rant of yours proves is ... You aren't dedicated. Nor a fan. Nor have patience.... and prefer to whine.

    However, I WILL say that your point is in a very small way somewhat understandable. You've spent money on something and you feel it hasn't delivered. The method of displaying disappointment is not understandable imo. :no:

    NOW I SHALL RESPOND TO EACH POINT :yes:

    1) Singleplayer modes invite larger player-base. It will get more people interested, and in turn will inevitably lead to more active multiplayer. Most AFPS games in the past had some or other form of SP mode, however simple. If it weren't for SP modes in AFPS games in the past, I would never have played the genre. I played several hundred (perhaps more than a thousand or two) hours of UT2004 ... And never played online. (tbh - No internet at that time) Only at LANs. sometimes. Were it not for the OPTION of SP, I would not have played it. Apply similar logic to TOXIKK. Maybe there will be someone else who will prefer to spend most of his/her time playing SP instead. Who knows?

    2) Without a tut, there will be (and already have been) new players that will buy the game, download it, jump straight into MP and get annihilated buy someone/others (like me.. I admit, I have made people ragequit - I apologize to you if you are reading this..) They will then Ragequit, and cease to return to the game. Who wants to play a game where the only available option is to become cannon fodder? Perhaps they'll end up like you - haha .. Having a tut PLUS the aforementioned SP mode will allow said NEW PLAYERS (and everyone, actually) to at least have the OPTION of training, to avoid such ragequit scenarios, and also having FUN without being torn several new ones in MP.

    3) I cannot agree that this is completely UNnecessary. To be fair, it isn't entirely important right now BUT it is something cool, and will give people something to look forward to or at least try to achieve after both aforementioned points - SP mode, tut, training etc. It gives players the choice of potentially playing much more. Also, having more features like unlockable skins could very well be something that would "sell" the game, for those 100% completion zealots out there.

    Also. To compare DOOM to TOXIKK is ... rather ridiculous. Completely different gameplay styles.. PLUS, guess what, DOOM has a SP mode! :D WOW! Did you know that?! I can't wait for it. I will buy the game FOR IT'S SP mode.

    And finally,
    "because I dont. not anymore" -- If you don't care, why post at all? :rolleyes:

    okthx.exe
    Beer.
    User avatar
    Archon0003
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead
     
    Posts: 157
    Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:34 pm
    Location: South Africa
    Has thanked: 4 times
    Been thanked: 19 times

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:16 pm

  • Thanks for the updates in your Project Blog :) The new map looks nice, and i can't wait for this Mech, i didn't expect more vehicles to come...!
    Sensemann1000
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary
     
    Posts: 15
    Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:52 am
    Has thanked: 21 times
    Been thanked: 4 times

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:27 pm

  • v0.95 release this weekend? :naughty:
    Sensemann1000
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary
     
    Posts: 15
    Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:52 am
    Has thanked: 21 times
    Been thanked: 4 times

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:29 pm

  • Sensemann1000 wrote:v0.95 release this weekend? :naughty:

    Reakktor said (and I quote) "it will come out before the end of this month even if it means we don't go home until its out" so yeah, we might be seeing a midnight release and some extremely tired devs but it should be out soon.
    ImageImage

    The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion
     
    Posts: 210
    Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:45 am
    Has thanked: 23 times
    Been thanked: 33 times

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:27 pm

  • Guess what... we didn't go home and it's still not done. :( Anyone want to visit us and help out? ;)

    The good news is that the mech implementation is pretty much complete now. We expect .95 to come next week. Sorry for the delay guys (again).
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    User avatar
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor
     
    Posts: 1204
    Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:50 am
    Has thanked: 187 times
    Been thanked: 1096 times

Sun May 01, 2016 4:53 pm

  • Sharkster [KK] wrote:Guess what... we didn't go home and it's still not done. :( Anyone want to visit us and help out? ;)


    I offered way back already :p
    Leader of
    Image
    stepotronic
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General
     
    Posts: 372
    Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:17 pm
    Has thanked: 99 times
    Been thanked: 73 times

Sun May 01, 2016 11:17 pm

  • the delay is... ok.... but there is still no advertisement... no announcement... nothing about toxikk anywhere... that's the biggest problem
    qa1L
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:23 am
    Has thanked: 36 times
    Been thanked: 1 time

PreviousNext


Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron