[NEWS] Beta Roadmap Update

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios
Mon May 02, 2016 9:11 am

• qa1L wrote:the delay is... ok.... but there is still no advertisement... no announcement... nothing about toxikk anywhere... that's the biggest problem

1.0 is when the advertising campaign launches, along with singleplayer missions, secret content, godlike skins etc. Don't worry!
    ImageImage

The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Mon May 02, 2016 9:39 am

• This game went Early Access far too soon. It was too ambitious in some areas and did not focus enough on what is needed to drive and maintain online player count. Guessing at the revenue generated (copies x cost: https://steamspy.com/app/324810), there should have been ample funding for a few dozen simple maps. For example, UT4 is in a less polished state but has plenty of untextured "Work-In-Progress" maps, with just enough fully-completed ones.

So it's put me off buying Early Access in the future, but I'll still give Toxikk a go out of loyalty, if it ever gets a proper 1.0 release. Unless Lawbreakers gets released first, that is... ;)
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Mon May 02, 2016 2:12 pm

• qa1L wrote:the delay is... ok.... but there is still no advertisement... no announcement... nothing about toxikk anywhere... that's the biggest problem

The biggest part of the campaign will be a well promoted open beta (ok, it's officially announced now ;)) shortly before the launch of 1.0. So, obviously this part of the campaign can only kick in days before the game's full release.

To promote/announce the open beta, we need a dash of trailers... which we can only finish, once all content is in.

About the surprise content: Well, all the previously unannounced content will go into the game before 1.0, but the big pieces of it (additional maps, more advanced single-player mode aka 'challenges', the battle mech, loads of additional customization sets and the way they unlock...) were announced by now. So don't expect us to come up with another batch of unannounced maps please (maybe post 1.0 though). There will still be some smaller surprises... but nothig as major as the stuff already announced.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Tue May 10, 2016 10:48 am

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:There will still be some smaller surprises... but nothig as major as the stuff already announced.

What about modding or user made mutators: will Toxikk officially support compiling unrealscript?
    UT3VegasKill
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Tue May 10, 2016 8:13 pm

• UT3VegasKill wrote:What about modding or user made mutators: will Toxikk officially support compiling unrealscript?

definitely need this
    U̶n̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Toxikk mapper and modder..
    Polkadot Cadaver
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    General
    General

Wed May 18, 2016 8:14 pm

• UT3VegasKill wrote:What about modding or user made mutators: will Toxikk officially support compiling unrealscript?

No official statement on this?
    UT3VegasKill
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Wed May 18, 2016 9:10 pm

• No idea if the source code will be "officially" released.
    But you can compile your own code against the .u files that came with 0.94.
    I don't have access to the "official" source either, but but that doesn't prevent me from using Cruzade.u classes in my own mutators.
    We can discuss the details in the Discord modding channel if you like.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Thu May 19, 2016 7:01 am

• I already compiled unrealscript with Toxikk, Chatouille even provided useful content for doing so more comfortably. Though, that is no official modding support. I'm sure *(that was) mutators were part of the 7 advertised facts about Toxikk (now 5 facts?). Official statment, please?
    UT3VegasKill
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Sun May 22, 2016 10:12 pm

• UT3VegasKill wrote:I'm sure *(that was) mutators were part of the 7 advertised facts about Toxikk (now 5 facts?). Official statment, please?

Mutators were not a part of the 7 facts about Toxikk... they ARE a part of it. In fact, not only of the 7 facts, but also of the debut trailer.

And yea, we re-organized the structure of the "7 facts", damping them down to 5 facts (Ffffive Ffffacts... damn, I love alliterations) by making an own sub-page for stuff unique to TOXIKK. You can reach it by clicking on the "HERE" in "CHECK OUT THE FULL LIST OF NEW STUFF HERE." (Fact 3, last sentence), or simply by clickin' HERE.

Besides all the stuff that made AFPS gaming great (fast and precise movement, MUTATORS, double jumps, dodge jumps, a huge variety of... [quote goes on forever]

There are plenty mutators in the game. However, it doesn't say: "Create your own mutators!". And while we're doing our best to support it anyway, this is not a part of the advertised game features.

So, the official statement is: We're doing our best to support as much as we can, but right now we have a focus on other stuff (like e.g. advertised game features). :p
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Mon May 23, 2016 4:43 pm

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:it doesn't say: "Create your own mutators!". And while we're doing our best to support it anyway, this is not a part of the advertised game features.

Too bad. I see, thanks for the answer.
    UT3VegasKill
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

PreviousNext

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information