[NEWS] Patch #010, V0.9 GINGER is NOW live!

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

TOXIKK PATCH #010, GINGER BUILD GENERATION, V0.9
    RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 21, 2015
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL

This patch brings your v0.89 Parsley build up to v0.9. It's the first patch of the Ginger generation and primarily focuses on a new map and a fresh visual theme (sci-fi/tech). V0.9 also brings some new features and fixes that were requested by the community, including some experimental multi display stuff. More details below.

FIXES

FIX_01 - ACCIDENTALLY LAUNCHING THE SERVER CONFIG VIEW
    If you configured a Bootcamp (bot) match and clicked NEXT in the mutator menu, it took you to the listen server configuration view. This should no longer happen.

NEW FEATURES

FTR_01 - SCI-FI/TECH THEME
    A new visual theme (sci-fi tech based) that comes with a bazillion of new assets for the game.

FTR_02 - 14 NEW MAP: DEKK V0.7
    DEKK introduces our freshly designed sci-fi theme: The map is based on an over a decade old layout introduced by UT, now reincarnated with clean, yet highly refined/accentuated 3D assets, keeping visual clarity and simplicity in mind.

To learn more about DEKK, hop into the game or check out our MAP REVEAL VIDEO

When testing the map, please keep in mind that it's v0.7 (i.e. you may still encounter some collision issues and/or other "unusual occurences").

FTR_03 - DISABLE ON-SCREEN LOG
    You are an anti-social individual who doesn't care about team-play and you don't want to talk to anyone? You feel distracted by the on-screen log? This feature is for you: "On-Screen log disable" was added to the game options.
    Yes, this feature was indeed requested more than once...

FTR_04 - ADJUSTABLE HEALTH WARNING
    If you think that the current HUD is too subtle about how low your health status is, you can now set a limit where the health indicator starts to flash in the game options.

FTR_04 - MULTI SCREEN SUPPORT (EXPERIMENTAL)
    Yes, we had quite a few requests about advanced multi screen support and we decided to look into it. This whole stuff is still highly experimental, but if you were one of the users waiting for that feature, you may want to try to type "SetHudDimensions [xValue] [yValue]" to distribute the display of the HUD onto your multi-monitor setup.

EXAMPLE: If you have three screems standing side by side and assuming that all three are set to the same resolution, type: "SetHudDimension 3 1" to allign the HUD to the screen in the middle.

FTR_05 - MAX DAMAGE BOOST
    When picked up, it'll heavily increase the damage caused by each shot for a limited amount of time.

CHANGES

CHG_01 - INTRO DISPLAY
    Starting a new map now always brings up the name of the map and its location centered on the screen in big letters. Press left to skip this and to enter the pre-match lobby.

As always, we're very excited to hear your feedback on this update...
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

• Yay, new map! Can't wait to check it out!
    MFG38
    Centurion
    Centurion

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:FTR_03 - DISABLE ON-SCREEN LOG
    You are an anti-social individual who doesn't care about team-play and you don't want to talk to anyone? You feel distracted by the on-screen log? This feature is for you: "On-Screen log disable" was added to the game options.
    Yes, this feature was indeed requested more than once...

With the addition of this feature, I came up with a question: why is the chat log mixed with the other things?

EDIT: I don't think it's necessary to make another post for that but WHAT A MAP GOD DAMEMMERLZERRMMZ!!!!!

I already found an OOB (Out of Bounds for those who don't know) however, i'll record it when I can (or if someone else find it and records it it's fine too).
    Last edited by Rockfire on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    The only one with (almost) no AFPS background.
    Rockfire
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Very nice, thanks for the update! Gonna try the new map now...
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I love toxikk, too bad you guys killed it at the start with your shenanigans about dedicated servers.
    With the lack of servers to rent, there was no way to play it online in Mexico due to high pins
    mvictarion
    Recruit
    Recruit

• First small feedback: Dekk19 plays very well and looks awesome! One glitch I found is: I fell below one of the two elevators when it was up and had a hard time getting out again afterwards. So maybe you can have a look into this.
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Good job! (i didnt see hitregfix in patch notes tho =( )
    I Am HardyRah!
    HardyRah
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

• As always, we're very excited to hear your feedback on this update...

I have something really big for you this time Reakktor :3
    Wolfie
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• Sweet, loving the new map so far!

mvictarion wrote:I love toxikk, too bad you guys killed it at the start with your shenanigans about dedicated servers.
    With the lack of servers to rent, there was no way to play it online in Mexico due to high pins

They distribute the files to host servers with the game, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    thall
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• Great work, very nice map ;)
    Re4veN
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Next