[NEWS] Patch #011, V0.92 GINGER is NOW live!

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

• Rockfire wrote:now that you are done with the visual styles, will the SDKK be released any time soon?
    Yup... the SDKK is the focus for the next patch...
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

• Nice map and update. Got to play it a bit tonight. The global chat/IRC is beyond cool!

Few suggestions....
    The goal score of 50 for AD is too low; the game ends really quick regardless of game size; 8v8 or 2v2. 200 feels much better. Maybe you guys can slow down the time it takes to accumulate points? That way people will still use the low goal score of 50.

Can we get a command (globalsay?) for the global chat so we can reply from within the game via a keybind instead of having to go back to the global chat UI?

Also, can we get at least 1 US server (SC ALL) running AD by default? There's none at the moment unless we play a match first and then vote for it.

Great job on the patch. Can barely what to see what the community does once the SDKK is out.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• Great Work!!! Thank you guys !! :yes:
    STYGE
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• <3
    Leader of
    stepotronic
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

• Butane wrote:The goal score of 50 for AD is too low; the game ends really quick regardless of game size; 8v8 or 2v2. 200 feels much better. Maybe you guys can slow down the time it takes to accumulate points? That way people will still use the low goal score of 50.

Yea... you're right. We'll probably set it to 150 as a default value for AD. Just changing the speed it adds points doesn't do the trick in our opinion, as it would make the effect of taking an objective less responsive.

Butane wrote:Can we get a command (globalsay?) for the global chat so we can reply from within the game via a keybind instead of having to go back to the global chat UI?

I think we need to change the in-game chat handling a bit. I always hate it when I get to the after-match screens and have "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" in my console. Probably better to let people press a button to define a chat mode first (local, global and team... or something like that) and THEN have the console ready when you're actually prepared to type something...

Butane wrote:Also, can we get at least 1 US server (SC ALL) running AD by default? There's none at the moment unless we play a match first and then vote for it.

There is a server (or two) that starts with Castello. However, once the first game was played, players might change to another map... and the server will stay there forever until a match on that map is finished and another map is voted.

We think it needs to be changed to this:

You can connect to any server running any map and match. During any match you can press ESC and initiate a poll to switch to another map in the pause menu. If more than 50% of the people on that server follow that, it switches to the map suggested. I.e. if you're playing alone, you can switch to another map on the fly.
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

• Score limit 150 may still be too low. I tried it with 2vs2 and 4vs4 and finished below 7min45 (XP not saved... low match time). 200 worked fine.

My "Area DominatH0r" server is locked to AD-Castello, has 8 bots and score limit 200. So everyone in Europe can try out the new map and game type.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

• I think the global chat icon in the main menu should be moved somewhere a little easier to see, maybe under the little bar at the top showing MXP rank and SC?

Also..
    Sharkster [KK] wrote:The new default key for bringing up the scoreboard is TAB (finally). Don't ask why it was F1 for so long.

Why was it F1 for so long? :P
    Last edited by radarridr on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ImageImage
    radarridr
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• radarridr wrote:I think the global chat icon in the main menu should be moved somewhere a little easier to see, maybe under the little bar at the top showing MXP rank and SC?

... and maybe show the channel topic on top of the chat text area
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

• One thing I have found out about the map is that there is this one roof that you should be able to jump onto after a dodge jump but are stopped by an invisible wall. Dunno if this is intended or not
    ImageImage

The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• radarridr wrote:I think the global chat icon in the main menu should be moved somewhere a little easier to see, maybe under the little bar at the top showing MXP rank and SC?

Well, I agree to a certain extent, but we wanted to have the chat reachable from every screen. That's why it went into a corner that is never used by anything else, no matter what menu screen you look at.

Also: The three lines of text next to the bubble are actually animated and if anything comes in while you're on the menu screen, it does draw your attention (simply because it's something moving on an otherwise static screen).

Maybe we'll also add a chat button to the main menu functions to make sure that it can't be missed...

Gecko wrote:One thing I have found out about the map is that there is this one roof that you should be able to jump onto after a dodge jump but are stopped by an invisible wall. Dunno if this is intended or not

That's actually for gameplay reasons. Maybe we'll put something up there to make it more clear that it's blocked. Can you post a screenshot of the area to make sure we're talking about the same place? Thanks...

PredatH0r wrote:Score limit 150 may still be too low. I tried it with 2vs2 and 4vs4 and finished below 7min45 (XP not saved... low match time). 200 worked fine.

Yea. 200 seems to be a good default score for an AD map with 3 objectives...
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information