[NEWS] 1.0 Release Date Revealed

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:16 pm

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:Yup, 100% agreed.

That "trailer" (which was in fact the release date reveal "teaser") was only the first (and shortest) video in a series of six videos to be released up to Sep. 09. There'll be another 5 videos with four of them being "focus" videos (weapons, movement, vehicles, maps) and the last one being the actual release trailer.

So, fear not... all will be good! ;)

Really happy to hear that, this game deserves to be a success after all the hard work you guys have done. Everything I asked for has been included, the only exception is the sound balance pass I have mentioned a few times (some of the sounds, such as the shotgun reload, are still too quiet).

Wish I could join in on launch day, but I am working away at sea at the moment and wont be back home until October. So I wish you guys the best of luck, and hope you have get a good player base up and running for when I get home so I can shoot them to death ;)
    Zalamael
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:53 am

• Zalamael wrote:so I can shoot them to death ;)

Or be shot to death by them. :P
    MFG38
    Centurion
    Centurion

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:20 pm

• Just saw the weapons trailer. You guys really thought of everything >:D
    ImageImage

The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:51 pm

• MFG38 wrote:
    Zalamael wrote:so I can shoot them to death ;)

Or be shot to death by them. :P

It happens to be sure :) Gotta learn to use Feign Death more :P

EDIT: Also, yes, I saw the new video. Not exactly how I would have done it (I would have introduced each weapon and shown both the main and alt fires, with examples, then gone into the reasons behind the design).

Still though, it was good, I hope it gets well circulated and I'm looking forward to the next one.
    Zalamael
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:52 am

• Great!

I hardly remembered it was announced in 2014, to be released the following year :D
    Let's hope the work & delays paid off for the game to find its spot in the shelves of arena players.

It will be a great time to re-immerse oneself in TOXIKK with all the new players taking their first steps.
    Image - 2014/2015
    MrFunkyFunk
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 pm

• MrFunkyFunk wrote:Great!

I hardly remembered it was announced in 2014, to be released the following year :D
    Let's hope the work & delays paid off for the game to find its spot in the shelves of arena players.

It will be a great time to re-immerse oneself in TOXIKK with all the new players taking their first steps.

Ha, gutted I wont be around for another month after launch. I'm a sailor, and I'm out in Bahrain at the moment, and wont be home until October. I remember making a post a year ago before I was due to go to sea, wishing the devs the best of luck/skill with their launch just in case I would be away. And here we are a year later and the game is only now going live.

I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. Having only one map, and such poor weapon balance, crushed my hope for this game. But the devs earned my respect by continuing to work on the game, and implementing everything we asked for. We got custom crosshairs, we got hit feedback, we got solid weapon balance (skill required vs effectiveness), and what I have noticed recently, we have better performance and thus less input lag. Not to mention more maps (I LOVE Castello, that map is gorgeous, although the damage amp could do with being moved further away from the 100 armour).

So I have to say, the devs did well. I am not an easy person to convince, but they achieved it, which is why I am so impressed with their dedication to making this a great game that I could love. I just hope when I get home there is a thriving player base that I can shoot to death. The idea of Toxikk being dead and having to play Overwatch instead is not something I want to even consider.

GG Reakktor, you guys have made Toxikk a very solid Arena FPS. Top chaps.
    Zalamael
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:48 am

• I must say this is really weak for a 1.0 release.

* One day late
      * No changelist
      * No announcement on Steam
      * No advertising
      * Key problems (free/full version)
      * No founder skins
      * No updated credits
      * No new map
      * Experience and skill classes reset
      * Settings reset yet again (exactly the reason why I haven't played this for months)
    To me it looks like just the version was updated to 1.0 in order to avoid a delay and the real content is delivered "some time later" (if at all).

I bought the game about 23 months ago, paying 90$, and this is the full release? Totally disappointing...
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:36 pm

• Yes, please...now that 1.0 is here can we stop having the settings changed back to defaults on future updates? I too got tired of constantly having to reset them back to my liking and stopped playing as a result.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:48 pm

• final release yesterday (to 1.0) didn't reset my settings anymore.
    crosshair, mouse settings, character customization are still my settings and not the default ones... finally :)
    Sensemann1000
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Previous

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information