[NEWS] 1.0 Release Date Revealed

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios
Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:09 pm

• now you guys just need to advertise the crud out of this thing! I want 10,000+ people in those servers day one. I recommend giving out free review copies to big fps streamers like Summit1G, A_Seagull, and more I don't know about to get the fps community some knowledge about this game.
    Bionic Cell
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:47 pm

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
    ImageImage

The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:51 am

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:27 am

• Love it, cant wait!
    Insane
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Recruit
    Recruit

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:07 pm

• As much as I don't want to be the cynical twat that shits on your parade, personally, I thought that promo video was terrible as far as advertising your game goes. You didn't even come close to doing it justice.

Advertising costs a lot of money, but making promo videos costs mostly just time. If I were you, I would be making a longer one, that not only shows highlight reels of skill shots as interludes, but also breaks down each weapon, each vehicle, the powerups, the movement, the number and type of maps, even the skins that can be earned or the skill based ranking system etc.

This game has a lot of great things going for it, that promo video didn't even come close to showing them off. Your USP (Unique Selling Point) is nowhere to be seen in that video, other than it is an Arena FPS, and sadly for you guys, those are back in vogue with many reboots on the horizon.

You need a video that makes your game stand out, that actually gives people a glimpse of what they are missing if they don't buy it. If you don't manage to build a solid playerbase on day one that can last for the following six months to give you the time to iron out bugs, balance issues, and draw in more players, this game wont succeed and all of your hard work will be wasted.

None of us want that, and I honestly believe that making a solid promo video to not only generate hype, but to also educate people on what they spending their money on, is far better than a few flashy killstreaks. Please make a new one, and make your game stand out, not just because it deserves to, but because if you don't, there will be thousands of players in years to come that will find your game, and wish they had known about it and played it before it died.

After all your hard work, and the effort you have put in to give us everything we have asked for during beta, I know you can do a much better video than that. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but nice guys come last, you need to make it the alpha male of promo videos, so that anyone who watches it just has to play it.
    Zalamael
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:03 pm

• Zalamael wrote:*snip*

Agree, I personally am sold whenever trailers show things in categories. A trailer for the 10 unique weapons, a separate one for the vehicles and one about the unlockables and maybe even one for the COLOSSAL options menu- that amazes me still :D . Maybe trailer is the wrong word, we could use some more intense trailers but I would prioritise "Dev diary" style videos that break things down, seeing as most the playerbase will use these trailers as their only guide before entering the game. I think it's important for the newbies to not get overwhelmed by the game (many examples exist, especially things like Mechwarrior that take 5 hours of tutorials on Youtube minimum before you know how to even join a game) otherwise people might start up, see the options menu, then leave and never come back.
    ImageImage

The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:25 am

• Yup, 100% agreed.

That "trailer" (which was in fact the release date reveal "teaser") was only the first (and shortest) video in a series of six videos to be released up to Sep. 09. There'll be another 5 videos with four of them being "focus" videos (weapons, movement, vehicles, maps) and the last one being the actual release trailer.

So, fear not... all will be good! ;)
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Next

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information