[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Unreal Tournament 4

Unreal Tournament 4

Discuss everything NOT related to TOXIKK
Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:30 pm

• Hey guys have you played the latest unreal tournament 4 alpha.

What are your opinions of the game?
    pollo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:44 pm

• base player movement sucks, I mean really really sucks, and mouse input is horrible. It looks nice though and the some of the maps are very cool.
    U̶n̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Toxikk mapper and modder..
    Polkadot Cadaver
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    General
    General

Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:11 pm

• At first i think noone should search the differences between toxikk & ut4 and judge because of this. Thats it what many people do, i hate that. (Just wanted to say that at this point please dont get me wrong)
    UT4 and Toxikk are very different games and ut4 is not that far in progress as Toxikk is.

I think UT4 have much potential, and it is not bad at all. The new Weapondesigns and effects are very nice.
    The one Arena which is designed looks very pretty.
    And yea there is no dodgejump but you have tons of possibilities with weaponjumps, slides, double(or more)dodges (wall to wall to wall to wall).
    For an UT99 remake, UT4 will be very good. But personally i dont like that much movement stuff.
    And and the gamespeed.. i remember a thread, someone was asking about porting toxikk to ue4 and someone of the devs (i think) just said: "You dont want to see Twin Peaks in ue4". I think there it is, Toxikk is alot faster than UT4 and when a game is fast you need more FPS! The unreal engine 4 is a very nice engine but for most of the players a faster UT4 will not really working because the engine have much higher system requirements.
    ifail93
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:27 am

• Personally i just love it because it feels so good, flows so good and is balanced very good. I am very happy in ut4 after what a disaster ut3 was.
    rip quake
    spessu_sb
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:56 pm

• I tried it briefly, dodging felt horrible to me, like I was only dodging 30cm in distance. Will give it more time this weekend and get used to the movement so I can give a truthful assessment, but first impressions Toxikk's felt just perfect to me to be honest.
    :]
    KojaK
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 pm

• It's very fun Nice set of weapons but somewhat slow movement but other than that it's good.
    Shit just got Unreal
    Speiderful
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm

• The biggest turn-off for me will be paywalls for maps, mods and game modes, and possibly future premium membership...

I'd buy UT4 and get all the content in it, instead of F2P.
    The Strangerous
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:59 pm

pollo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:47 pm

• Unfortunately, the few times I have played it, when it has worked to join a match, I liked it better than toxikk.
    Arbo
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:36 pm

• Game stutters like hell and the server browser is awekward as hell. Guess that's to be expected though from a game that's not even out.
    croak3r
    Legionary
    Legionary

Return to OFF-TOPIC TALK

Information