[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - UT4 is suprisingly.. meh.

UT4 is suprisingly.. meh.

Discuss everything NOT related to TOXIKK
Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:12 am

• So recently I downloaded UT4 and noticed immediately how much better, in it's lowest details, Toxikk looks compared to UT4. I'm not judging,so i guess it was a fairly poor decision of mine to open with that statement, but I just see that as objective. However, even then, I was surprised how rather dull the game feels. Maybe this is just me being picky and maybe a little biased, but, seeing as how I came into Toxikk with very little experience in any other true AFPS, I had heard things that made me come in with the expectation of UT being just shy of godlike. It honestly did not live up to the UT hype. This could just be UT4 itself, but the movement is rather simple, and the weapons are much clunkier than in a game like Toxikk. Sure, they are very unique weapons. VERY unique, but I would rather have more mainstream weapons (by comparison) that feel weighty and powerful, than unique weapons that feel light and clunky. This is just me, but I am so happy Reakktor decided to make this game, because it IS just shy of godlike.
    A Halo player and youtuber, diagnosed with a serious case of TOXIKK.
    Twitter:-: http://www.twitter.com/HappyZoo5
    Youtube:-: http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyZoo5
    I have ability
    HappyZoo
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:23 am

• I know what you mean. The Toxikk movement impressed me first, and that makes or breaks any arena FPS - graphics are just a sideshow. Now I'm just eager for more maps and for the matchmaking to appear.

UT4 is many many months behind Toxikk, and I'm still not convinced they are serious about finishing UT4 and doing a proper release of it. To me, it just looks like an Epic R&D project to create a UE4 demo.
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:30 am

• Tbh I like UT4 a lot more. I was disappointed in the lack of dodge jump, but I'm not really a big fan of the general UT/Toxikk movement system in the first place. The weapons aren't just unique, their main selling point is that they create a much better interaction between you, your opponent, and the environment. Toxikks weapons are pretty bland and boring, I don't really care about how "powerful" they feel, the fun comes from the interaction that leads to the kill, not the time or number of shots that leads to the kill.
    MSV
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:12 pm

pollo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 am

• i played like 5 games couldnt see half my screen cuz of some weird graphic bug
    won 3 of em despite that

here i get my ass kicked on the daily with a functioning screen
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/hahahaitihaha
    add me if you're interested in participating in a weekly duel tournament!
    Flash
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Return to OFF-TOPIC TALK

Information