[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - The Half Life Tree Thread

The Half Life Tree Thread

Discuss everything NOT related to TOXIKK
Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Krogsager
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:16 am

"The natural order of things has no room for hardscopers" - Yolo Swaggins, 1846

th3kru5her
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Grand General
    Grand General

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 am

• Played HL1
    SHIENHAUSSER
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 am

Krogsager
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 am

• No you're right. Right now the mod ends with Gordon's Jump into Xen. But its not the half, i think it's about 2/3.
    Kind Regards,
    Ragnos

UTzone.de
    Ragnos
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:24 am

• Am i the only one who found Black Mesa to be kinda bad because it introduces those modern features which i do not like at all? Such features are sprint and ironsights. Yes i know the iron sights are only with the revolver, but still question remains that why did they introduce it at all? This game is Half-Life, not Call of Dr. Freeman. I also don't like it how everything in this mod is way too clean and how some areas have been given imo, some rather bad additions.

Another thing this mod did, was to get rid off all the cool sounds. They were replaced with some stuff that isn't on the same level as the old ones. This soundthing is not any cry for nostalgia, no. These new sounds forexample some aren't disturbing at all and that is why orginal HL was so great, because it had these sounds which really made up the athmosphere because some were rather spooky/disturbing while also sounding really cool and interesting. Now the mod seems like it's just some random mod. I don't find anything special about the mod, other than HL being stuck somewhere deep within it.
    rip quake
    spessu_sb
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:37 am

• I can imagine HL3 bing the best game that valve delivers for some time going by the quality that valve delivers

If they're doing it they're doing it right and theay are going to blow the world away.
    russuk12
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Recruit
    Recruit

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:41 am

• I'm not sure if i understand your concerns, but the sound are actually quite close to the original ones. Also, it seems cleaner to you and this might be the case. The old textures of HL1 are on a really low resolution due to the technical limitations of the time, appearing real blurred on modern resolutions and monitors. But the overall theme of the BlackMesa Facility was clean even back in the days. It's a research facility of the US government, don't forget that. Most likely half of the staff was rubbing the floors (and still need a PhD for that...). There is plenty of destruction and stuff after the incident, just like the original had.

But after all, this is a very subjective topic. The one definitive thing you have to say about this mod is that it's one of the best you can find for any game, at least on a technical point-of-view.
    Kind Regards,
    Ragnos

UTzone.de
    Ragnos
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:59 am

rip quake
    spessu_sb
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:03 pm

• I So I played few hours of Black Mesa on hard (yes, I love challenging myself, don't wanna end the game too soon).

And I gotta say, it's much better paced than HL2.
    Of course I decided to switch into always run mode, since holding to sprint get's annoying. Iron sight on revolver's not useful, better of with hipfire (no recoil).

So far it's pretty much same-ish for me, I see HL2 just slightly inferior. Cause HL2 tries to hard to show off the power of da source engine with them physics.

And like I said before, I'm more into TPS than FPS. But still havin' some good time with Black Mesa. :)
    The Strangerous
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Previous

Return to OFF-TOPIC TALK

Information