Upgraded my Monitor! Also, general monitor discussion thread

Discuss everything NOT related to TOXIKK

• Hi everyone.
    This topic is somewhere between being related and not related to TOXIKK, but that being said I think this is the most suitable place to post. :yes:

Recently (In this week) I purchased the BenQ XL2720Z (27"/1ms/144hz/1080p). The latter being an upgrade from the good old Samsung P2770H (60hz/2ms/1080p). If there are any of you out there that have not yet experienced gaming (FPS gaming, more specifically) at 144hz (of course, if your PC is able to output a framerate of 144fps average) - Then really, do consider it. NOW. It really is a game changer, IMO. With regards to TOXIKK, I have found that I am playing "better", simply because it feels so much smoother. It's incredible. :D

On another note.
    AFAIK, the BenQ XL2720Z is pretty much one of the best buys for 144hz/1080p gaming right now. I know there are others, but again AFAIK BenQ is among the top list of contenders. Also, again (lol) AFAIK the ASUS ROG Swift (144hz/1440p/G-Sync) is apparently one of the very best. That and the new ACER Predator...something. (I am not too clued up on that one, tbh.)

A friend of mine who owns the ASUS ROG came to my place and I conducted a very simple test. What is the "real-world" performance loss when going from 1080p, to 1440p? A question I think some people would like to have answered. I know I did. So, we tested it.

Running Unigine Heaven v4.0 - at 1080p - on MY PC, all settings at maximum possible, I had an AVERAGE fps of 57.2
    The SAME test, SAME PC and SAME settings BUT at 1440p (with the ROG), I then got an average of 32.9 fps.
    Almost half.
    While playing games such as TOXIKK, BF4, and GTAV I could also feel a significant framerate decrease. Of course, there was a very noticeable visual benefit from the 1440p resolution but, tbh, imo the loss of fps is not worth the price of a monitor that is capable of 1440p.

Also, IMO the colour vibrancy of my BenQ is FAR superior to the ROG swift. (NOTE - IMO)

So then, what monitors are you guys playing on? Or planning to upgrade to OR have recently upgraded to? :?:
    Beer.
    Archon0003
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• one thing is whether you an run game at such framerate and other whether the game, or better said engine its in, will even allow it. a lot of games dont support high framerates over 120fps. you might want to consult pcgamingwiki to find out which games support high framerate.

because of that, i didnt go for high refresh rate monitor with my recent upgrade. instead, i went for lg 29um67-p 29" 21:9 monitor 2560x1080 with up to 75Hz. higher field of view benefits me more than higher framerate. but thats just my opinion.
    PomstaZLesa
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Return to OFF-TOPIC TALK

Information