[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - relics

relics

Discuss everything NOT related to TOXIKK
Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:59 pm

• so a friend called me up..

" yo dude. i heard you like computer stuff people don't want anymore"
    me : yes, i do like to part out old computers as long as it meets these requirements.

A. if its a keyboard. it must have a windows key, "before that its useless"
    B. if its a mouse. it must be at least a optical moust "if you flip it over and there is a ball... TRASH IT..."
    C. doesn't really matter on the tower. i can find something to do with the old parts..

" okay, keyboard...*must be have a windows key* mouse..*can't have a ball on it* and on the tower. doesn't matter just grab it,,
    got it..
    oh and i have a laptop here with some floppy disks."

me : Sure, might be interesting......

this is what i have.... ROFL

ENJOY.....
    NotsoDirt
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 am

• Cool stuff, NotsoDirt. Looks like some of the stuff I have in a corner out in the storage barn. The pile that has the Timex Sinclair, the Pet, the Commodore, the Vic, the TRS, and a bunch of other stuff. And most of it still works.

Do something fun with it...
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:27 am

• considering forcing windows 3.11 workgroups or 95 of it
    and maybe find a interesting experment with it x-)))
    NotsoDirt
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 am

• Windows 3 (and 2 and 1) was fun. DOS with a Windows shell.

I like multitasking, and point and click, and PnP, but I do miss DOS. Type and go. And DOS did eventually get TopView and DeskView for multitasking, but it wasn't great.

Lots fewer problems with DOS. And 2MB hard drives were huge. The 20MB's were ridiculous when they came out, who could ever use that much space?

And I remember when an IBM rep told me in 1984 that the IBM AT would never get into home use, they were too big and too much computer for anything but heavy business use.

So many changes in just a few decades...
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:56 am

• woah... badass. I used to have a bunch of old stuff, but nothing that cool :P
    Demagolka
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:21 am

• r-run crysis

do it.

:3
    "The natural order of things has no room for hardscopers" - Yolo Swaggins, 1846

th3kru5her
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Grand General
    Grand General

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 am

NotsoDirt
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Return to OFF-TOPIC TALK