[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - All These Arena Shooters and No Halo Clone :[

All These Arena Shooters and No Halo Clone :[

Discuss everything NOT related to TOXIKK

• I'm hearing of all these arena shooters releasing soon (UT2k14, Toxikk, etc.) but I haven't seen anything that's trying to clone Halo. Halo 3 was one of my favorite games when I played Xbox. Now that I mainly play PC I find it annoying that out of all the game formulas people have copied, nobody has tried to make a Halo clone for PC.

I know that there are a few different fan-made Halo games that are coming in due time. Installation 01 and Project Contingency are the 2 I am following currently. There is also Halo CE to fall back on. However, I01 and Contingency are subceptible to shutting down due to copyright issues with Microsoft and Halo CE barely has a population anymore.

If anyone could make a game with the amazing gameplay of Halo 3, the tons of customization options like in Halo Reach, and the aesthetic beauty of Halo 4 I would definitely give it a try. I miss the competitive 4v4 matches, the fun custom games, and above all, the vehicle combat.
    Last edited by Epic Murph on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Epic Murph
    Legionary
    Legionary

• Halo is a console fps with slow movements, you can not carry more than two weapon, regenerative shield, etc..

But I give the game credit because is more fun than those boring military fps and has some elements of old fps. I felt is a mix of old style fps with new style.

Sure I would like a halo fps clone in the pc but the arena old style is more important to the pc than a halo ish game.
    pollo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Epic Murph
    Legionary
    Legionary

• wut did i just read..
    rip quake
    spessu_sb
    L2 Founder