[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - So what game are you coming from?

So what game are you coming from?

Discuss everything NOT related to TOXIKK
Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:36 pm

• I thought it would be interesting to see what games you lot are currently playing before you presumably intend to jump into toxikk as your main game.

As for me I've been playing APB Reloaded pretty consistently for the past three and a half years or so. My main multiplayer games before it were Guild Wars 1 and UT 2k3/4. I'm pretty excited for this being the spiritual successor to UT as I've spent many years playing iTDM-Asbestos as a kid which were a lot of fun.
    noxious
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• UT2k4 is my top game.. I played some UT3 but it was pretty bad compared to 2k4 and couldnt keep me interested. More recently I have been playing Warframe and Titanfall..
    U̶n̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Toxikk mapper and modder..
    Polkadot Cadaver
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    General
    General

• I come from UT99 and Unreal 1. I am one of the "old school" fast FPS players.
    Currently working on a free music package for Toxikk. The playlist contains only Work in Progress, the full finished songs are going to be released after the release of the game:

Dyssekktion
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• I don't really come from any specific game, as I play too many varied things at the same time (what can I say - I like variety. Playing the same thing over and over again gets boring for me :p). I doubt Toxikk would become a sort of "main game" for me because of that.

That said, at the moment I'm playing a lot of ArmA 3, Total War SHOGUN 2 (Might start a Medieval 2 campaign soon with the Third Age LoTR mod), Killing Floor (Pretty stoked for KF 2) & Company of Heroes 1 with Blitzkrieg mod.
    Also excitingly waiting for The Witcher 3 to be released, and I'd imagine when that comes out I'd drop everything else for a good while.

I'm also slowly going through my huge Steam library I've build up thanks to various of bundles, so that's an interesting journey.
    Kresky
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

noxious
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

noxious
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• UT2004 - the standard to reach (or beat!). I still play online most days, with dozens of other die-hards.

UT3 was a major disappointment and I'm keeping an eye on UT4, but that's years away and seems to be going in a poor direction.

So, I'd say to the team at Reakktor - listen to the community up to a point, but ignore the raving ones... :eek:

...because a game created by a few dedicated and passionate individuals will be far more coherent and enjoyable than any mess designed by committee (or a large corporate publisher!)
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I play natural selection 2 quite extensively and have been for the last two years.
    Natural Selection 2 (NS2) - FPS/RTS with depth.
    Nordic
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Team Fortress 2.
    I love to play some Team Fortress 2. That game never gets old for me. I have been playing since it have gone free and spent over 60 dollars on it and got a backpack valued at 80 usd. Team Fortress 2 I see it as the last great shooter released.
    PLzbanme
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• all 4 Unreal tournaments! (if u include ut2003). Currently playing league of legends but I cant wait for that game to die and move on to another game, hopefully this one :D
    Piece of Sheet
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Next

Return to OFF-TOPIC TALK

Information